Monday, April 23, 2007

ATC's Received



I received two wonderful ATC's in the mail The first one is from Jacqueline. It's made with beautiful marbled fabric - which you have to see for real to appreciate. I love it Jacqueline - thanks so much! And, the 2nd ATC is from Barbara. I have been admiring these ATC's of Barbara's and now I have one. It has a painted background with writing and is embellished with hand embroidery and beading. It's beautiful. ... Thankyou Barbara! They are both such wonderful additions to my growing ATC collection.... I wonder - How many ATC's do you have? I now have exactly 40. I love sifting through them and looking at all the different techniques and styles from the artists I receive them from. There must be some people out there who have a HUGE collection. What does everyone do with their ATC collection? I would love to know, as mine are all in very old, very small suitcase at the moment. I think they need to be displayed!!!!! Ideas would be most appreciated........

7 comments:

Purple Missus said...

Great ATC's Dianne. Jacqueline and Barbara both do really good work and I love how Barbara photographs hers amongst the plants.

Judi W. said...

Those are both wonderful. I keep all my ATCs in a binder in plastic 9-card sleeves. I about 125 ATCs now. As long as they aren't too 3-D they fit fine.

Unknown said...

Hi Dianne, I am glad you like it. I think I do the same thing you do, I did put them in a binder, but I love to look at them so I pull them out again and again....

Sonya said...

So when I get my act together, time together, etc and finally post some ATCs on Flickr, I would love to trade!!

Helen in the UK said...

I made a hanger to display my ATCs and postcards on my sewing room wall. See the link here: http://quiltsatcs.blogspot.com/2006/10/displaying-my-pcs-atcs.html
You could easily adapt to just display ATCs and to fit any space you have. Hope that gives you an idea :)

joanlil said...

I display mine in bowls on the coffee table. You can see a photo on my blog. http://fiddlingwithfibre.blogspot.com/2007/04/blogger-problems.html

Nola said...

One of the friends with whom I did my first ATC swap, a couple of years ago now, was asked to teach a class on making fabric bowls. I volunteered for her dummy run, and I keep my ATCS in the bowl I made. It sits on my coffee table in the living room and it's amazing how many non-textile people love to fondle them!