Tuesday, September 25, 2007

More Felting/Mag's Page



I like wet felting - it's kinda therapeutic. Once you get into a rhythm, it's quite relaxing really. After Connie and I spent the day making our felted vessels I thought I would try some much quicker little vessels, so felted some mobile phone pouches. I added wrist straps to them, as I'm forever dropping my phone when I try to
carry way too many things at once.

















This is the last month for the FAF fabric page swap. It's been fun, and I've received such beautiful pages - thankyou to everyone who was involved. It's hard to be in a swap like this, especially when the other participants are just so talented!!! There's always the worry "will my page be good enough"? But the ladies in the swap are just so lovely and generous with their comments that I was only a "little" overawed!!! Anyway, Mags was my lucky last in this swap. See what I mean by such talented ladies! Mags has a castle as her view from her studio window (lucky Mags), and she is also one of the most talented textile artists I know. Most of you probably know Mags work, but if not, do check it out. Anyway, this is my page for Mags - her theme was "curves". I firstly did a rough sketch of the curvy pattern, then cut the fabrics, lay them down and either hand or machined sewed the curves to highlight them. It's in the air as we speak, on its way to Mags.

12 comments:

SeamRippstress said...

Oh Dianne! She will love, love Love it! Vibrant, happy, curvy and beautiful! The ladies are SO talented and i sweat over making every little postcard. Incredible page!

verobirdie said...

Hi Diane,
Your phone pouches are lovely. Unfortunately, I cannot seethe last image of your post, sniff.
Regarding weeds, in my case, it is the reverse, the beautiful flower acts like a weed ;-)

Deb Hardman said...

These are beautiful Di! I have never tried true wet felting, but I imagine it's a lot like kneading bread dough! I get a real meditation out of making bread.

Judy Scott said...

fabby felting! I love the cases and the page for Mags is wonderful, gorgeous fabric, Judy :)

Julia said...

The felting looks lovely.I really liked the bigger one you made too...gorgeous colours!

Shashi Nayagam said...

Oh these are gorgeous. Love the colours. Now I really want to start my wet felting class soon.

Val said...

Love the mobile pouches Diane - just gorgeous, and lucky lucky Mags! Val

FARBTUPFER said...

These little feltet boxes are so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

i have to try felting, you make it look so good!

Carol said...

Lovely work here Di love the mobile pouches.

Dot said...

I would love to try felting Dianne. You have inspired me! The mobile pouches are lovely and I adore the page you made for Mags. Beautiful colors and very curvy :)

Leni said...

love your creations