It's about time I started with TIFC. I was soooo bad with Sharon's last challenge TAST, that this time, I'm determined to keep up. I decided to stick with the colour way option of the challenge. I started out with a piece of painted vilene, layered with painted organza strips, and then did lots of free motion embroidery to depict grass and flowers in a field. This first photo is up to that step.
The photo below has hand embroidery added, plus bits of roving couched on to look like a flower (don't ask me what flower!!) I haven't finished yet - lots more hand embroidery to be added, and then I need to decide if I'll zap back the organza. I do like to zap - so I probably will succumb!!
I think I will also make this into my January journal quilt for "seasons" and call it "The Disorder of a Spring Garden". Australia/New Zealand Art Quilters Group have a monthly journal quilt project happening, which I also have my name down to do. Don't know if it will be feasible to incorporate both of these challenges/projects each month, but I think it works well for this month.