Wednesday, March 19, 2008

MARCH CALENDAR GIRLS POSTCARD
This is my March Calendar Girls postcard. Firstly I needle felted the flower image onto hand-dyed felt, which I was quite happy with, but then when I tried to add some spiral stamp images to the background - they didn't take too well on the felt - so my card was ruined. So, I rescued the felted flower, and added some glitzy yarn around the edges..... I then used caran d'ache neocolour 11 water colour crayons, painted the blue vase onto water colour paper, and attached the felted flower. The edges of the card are painted with liquid gold. Hope CarolM likes it!!


ONLINE CLASS
I've joined an online class with Doll Street Dreamers, making a Sampler Book with Janet Clark. This is my front and back cover, which is made with crumpled tissue paper layered over felt and painted.

These are the inside of the front and back pages. The stamped letters on the inside front cover read "Open the Door".
JACK OF ALL TRADES

Now with Phil incapacitated, I am also the man of the house. Here I am on the roof (help!!), blowing the leaves from the gutters. You should've seen me on our little tractor too -Phil was having fits - but I was having such fun!!!! Who needs men - we can do it all!!!!!!!!!

24 comments:

gunnelsvensson said...

Good girl! you aren´t only good to stitch you can walk on tje the roof too :-)
Happy easter!

Unknown said...

Carol M loves it and can't wait to get it in her grubby little hands :)

Doreen G said...

Great work on the PC Dianne and I noticed that the guttering need a bit of paint in places --are you going to paint them as well in your spare time----just kidding.

Purple Missus said...

Your postcard looks great Dianne, lovely bold colours and a very inventive way of saving what could have been a disaster.
You look gorgeous up on the roof there. :)

Shashi Nayagam said...

Oh what a beautiful postcard. Love what you did with the flower. Turning a disaster into something so beautiful is amazing. The journal is looking lovely too. I am sure your gutters are now all clean and happy.
Have a lovely Easter.

Unknown said...

You are so brave!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is Phil feeling better already? Miss you're posts!

Emmy said...

The best men for this job is a woman go for it Dianne
hugs from you dutch friend
Emmy

Lise said...

Just love your postcard! and your other work - also on the roof!! Happy Easter!

Janet said...

The sampler book is beautiful. I tried to check out the Doll Street Dreamers but the link didn't work. Sounds interesting.

You look like you're right at home up on that roof! And using power tools too! You go, girl!!

Linda Fleming said...

Look at you on that roof! LOL! What a gal you are!

Love the ATC's - your work is always grogeous and you use such yummy colors.

Mary lin Huskamp said...

Love the ART!!! And here you are a talented handy girl, too,

Happy Easter, Friend!

Emmy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ann Christine Dennison said...

Just goes to show you are not just a pretty face, driving tractors and doing all the things that we think we need the men to do :-)
The inside of the book you are doing looks really interesting. I am amazed you have the time at the moment!

Susan Lenz said...

Hi!
Love this post! Love the mix of soft felt, mysterious stamped symbols, pretty flowers, lovely colors with power tools, physicality, and plenty of energy! Brilliant! Great work all the way around!
Susan

sewsusan said...

sewsusan:

Hi Dianne..............seems you have more hours in your days than I do in mine..............you will be making your hubby redundant :))

artisbliss said...

Hadn't visited your blog in awhile. Glad Phil is coming along, although it will probably be awhile before he's joining you on the roof.

It's good to see you're still able to get some creative things done. If I were in your place, that would be my sanity preserver.

Anonymous said...

Just you get down off that roof!!! We can't have 2 of you laid up. I wondered why you'd been quiet on Flickr for a while, and I don't read many blogs. Glad you are ok and still producing lovely textiles.

Ro Bruhn said...

I love the postcard and all the work in your previous posts, love all the colour.
I too have to get on the roof to clean out the gutters, my husbands hands are too big to fit in the gutter.

Elizabeth said...

You Rock woman!!! great job on the roof and I am sure that Phil was terribly jealous of you riding around on his tractor!! Yes we can do it all!!Hugs!
Elizabeth

FARBTUPFER said...

Hi Dianne,
great results.
And, we can also do these things!
Regards
Waltraud

Linda Fleming said...

Hey girl, where are you? Are you up on that roof again??? Come on down and post something- I miss you.

gunnelsvensson said...

I have tagged you, read my blog :-)
Gunnel

Digitalgran said...

Oh Dianne, be careful up on that roof or you will be breaking a leg too!
I love your PC.

Anonymous said...

Your work is not Beautiful , my is beautiful , sorry,

Emmy